Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...
It's about learning to dance in the rain

Thursday, December 3, 2009

Meet the newest member of the family......

her name is Hera and she is our new dog. I know most of you are thinking how much I dislike dogs and are we crazy. Well yes we are. :) the dog fight has been going on in our house for 8 years and I finally gave in. Eric was looking the other day on Craigs list for dogs and he came across her. The owner is moving to Japan and of course can't take her. He was giving her away for free and just wanted to make sure that she went to a good home. He brought her over and she could have cared less about us. She is a boxer terrier and 1 1/2 years old. He said that she is a good dog, never barks, never jumps, doesn't chew, doesn't get on furniture, and already spayed. So after talking to Eric I told him that he could have her. I haven't totally been against getting a dog I have just always said that when we do get one it can't be a puppy (I think puppies are cute but I HATE the puppy stage) and the dog had to be house broken. Because she was already trained and was good I gave in. For the most part she has been really good. She has done everything that the owner said she doesn't do, including getting on the couch when we are not home (a couple times we have come home and peek in the window and she is lounging on the couch). She is getting better though. The best thing about her is she could care less that I am here half the time. She LOVES big Eric and follows him everywhere. Little Eric is in heaven and loves to play with her and give her treats. Eric is going to Atlanta next week for work so she is going to be in for a rude awakening but I guess that will be our bonding time. We really couldn't ask for a better dog.


3 comments:

Jessica S. said...

She's a pretty dog. You are a sucker!! ha ha (just like me when we went to PetSmart on a Saturday when the Haven has their adoption clinic, we left with a dog!)
You'll be a dog lover yet. She'll be sleeping on your bed and licking your toes in no time! :)

Reed, Liz and the kids said...

wow! I am impressed. That fight goes on in our house all the time but I just can't do it. I don't want another thing to take care of!

The Cox Family said...

Love the new addition. She looks like she fits right in. Shirlyn