Thanksgiving this year has come and gone and for the most part it was a good holiday. My only complaint about it was it sure doesn't feel like Thanksgiving. but I guess it is hard to feel like it when you have shorts and a t-shirt on. :) We also really missed family.
Our ward offers every year to cook the turkey in the imu. You might ask what an imu is - it is cooking in the ground; just like they do a pig. A hole is dug and filled with volcanic rock and wood. The turkey's are then put in, covered with banana leaves and then with a tarp. It was such a cool experience. We dropped the turkey off on Wednesday night and then it cooked all night and we picked it up Thursday morning. Unfortunately it was raining Wednesday night so we didn't spend much time out there. I got a quick picture from Wednesday night. I did forget to bring the camera Thursday morning so we had to use our phones; not the best picture but it will do. :)
The turkey was really good. At first I couldn't tell much of a difference but Eric said he could. He also said that it was so tender that he didn't even have to use a knife to carve the turkey; the meat just fell right off the bone. I'm so glad that our ward did this so we could experience it!
Thursday, December 3, 2009
Thanksgiving 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment