Here are some cute "Ericisms" that have occurred recently
We always talk about the restaurants that we miss being here on the island. Chick-Fil-A is one of those restaurants that we REALLY miss. On the way to church there is a bus transfer center getting built. A couple of times Eric has asked me what is being built. I tell him I don't know because is he really going to understand what a bus transfer center really is. Anyways each time I tell him that I do not know he always says that he bets it is going to be a Chick-fil-A. Don't I wish......
One days we passed a Mini-Coop car that was for sale. He told me to look at it because it was for sale. I told him that that was my favorite car and that is what I really wanted it. This is the conversation that then followed
Him: "How much is the car?"
Me: "Oh I think the sign says $20,000 (or something like that)"
Him: "How much money do I have in my piggy bank?"
Me: "I don't know know; about $10"
Him: "If I give you my money will you have enough to buy the car? Mommy you can have my money to buy the car"
Me: "Thanks bud but unfortunately that is not enough money"
I just love the fact that he is so willing to give what he has to make me happy. It is times like these that I think I am doing something right. :)
About a week before my parents came we were talking about their visit and how they would be here for my birthday. Little Eric then asked when my birthday was and I told him it was Oct 28. This is the conversation that followed
Eric: "Mommy I have to get you a present"
Me: "That is fine. I can give you some money and I am sure that Grandma will take you to the store to get something."
Eric: "I know what I am going to get you"
Me: "Ohh tell me what you are going to get"
Eric: "No I can't.......Well okay I want to get you.....(I can't remember what he said but I think it was a toy that he wanted)"
Me: "Oh ok"
Eric: "No wait - I know what I will get"
Me: "What?"
Eric: "I will give you money."
ME: "So I am going to give you money so you can give it right back to me?"
Eric: "No Mommy; I will go to the ATM and get you money"
So I guess he thought he could take the money I give him, go get more money to give me and then keep the original money for himself. Have to say he is a pretty smart boy. :)
I love this kid!!
Sunday, December 5, 2010
Just Some Cute Stories
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment