Getting to California
Eric got a month of leave after getting back from his deployment. We really didn't want to just sit around Hawaii (although the sound of that sounds wonderful!) I then realized that my niece Emily, who lives in Arizona, was getting baptized during that time. I mentioned to big Eric that we should try and get a hop to California. Now I wasn't sure what he was going to say since our last experience with flying Space A wasn't a real big success. Surprisingly he said yes we could try. We decided that we would also make it a fun vacation for our small family. We decided to go to San Diego and go to Sea World (we got free tickets to that since Eric is military) and also take a trip to Lego Land.
The week we wanted to leave came and we started to look at the flights. I was trying to stay optimistic but it is hard when flights are always getting changed. We decided that we would try and get anywhere in California and we would drive (getting a flight into San Diego was what we really wanted but we were just hoping for anything). We kept calling and flights kept getting changed. Finally a day came where the flights seemed to stay so we headed down to Hickam. The first flight didn't have many seats but we knew there was a second flight so we decided to stick around. It was then announced that the second flight was moving up by an hour so we thought that was a good sign because maybe people wouldn't check the flights and wouldn't see that the flight moved up. Evidently the second flight was a continuation of a flight coming from overseas. They called all the names and we weren't called but they announced that a few more seats might open up. So we thought we'll just stay a little longer. They then called our name and told us that there might be some seats; they were waiting on a family that had been on the original flight but if they didn't check in within 10 minutes they would give us the seats. By this time I was hoping and praying. They finally said yes we were on the flight. I then headed out to move the car to long term parking while Eric got all the bags checked in. As I was walking back into the terminal I passed a mom and kids who were rushing in saying something about the flight and having to get checked in. I knew then that it was the family whose seats we had taken. I felt kind of bad but with Space A you always have to be checking because you never know when times are going to change. Once I got back in I told Eric that we needed to hurry and board so they wouldn't take us off. Luckily they didn't and we got onto the flight.
We flew into March Air Reserve Base. Since it was a Sunday afternoon and it is an air reserve base nothing was open (although there wasn't even much on the base to begin with). We ended up having frozen burritos for dinner because that is all that the lodging sold in their little store. By the time we got eaten and settled we were exhausted. We got the car rental set up for the next day and headed to bed.
The next morning we got our car and was on our way to Sea World. It was about a 3 hour drive but we were all pretty excited to go so it went by fast. We spent the day at Sea World and the next day we spent at Lego Land. Little Eric was in heaven both days and had the time of his life. We took many pictures but I will only post a few. We had a great time and little Eric talks about when we can go again.
Sea World
Sunday, March 25, 2012
Our Trip to California/Arizona Part 1 (Long Post with LOTS of pictures)
waiting for the Shamu show to start
waiting for the Shamu show to start
these are amazing creatures
on a roller coaster (little Eric was SO excited that he was able to go on this; my boys are in the last row)
at the end of the ride
at the evening Shamu show
on a ride that little Eric couldn't go as fast as he wanted (they had different speed levels depending on your height)
another ride (you like how I let big Eric take him on all the rides. :) )
they had a cute "city street" that kids got to drive on and even got a driver's license after (even had stop lights and stop signs)
I had to take Eric's picture with this "guy". He was made out of all Legos and what cracked me up is they made sure that he had chest hair, a tattoo, and even underarm hair.
this car was made out of Legos and I was amazed!
this just cracked me up. Again it is made out of Legos (with the exception of the hose)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment