Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...
It's about learning to dance in the rain

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Dole Plantation

Today me and Eric went to the Dole Plantation with some friends to take the kids to feed the fish in a pond they have there and to also ride the train they have. It was alot of fun. We hadn't been there yet. It was really interesting and the kids loved the train. We then had yummy pineapple ice cream and a delicious BBQ Kalua Pork sandwich (Liz I am assuming this was the sandwich that you were talking about and you are right, it was so good). It was nice to get out and hang with some friends.












Before I got here I always thought that pineapples grow on trees. Once we got here and passed the pineapple fields I then thought they grew in the ground. Well I was wrong about both. They grow on top of the plants. It was really interesting!


rows and rows of pineapple that we passed while riding the train


3 comments:

Jenn said...

I thought that they grew on trees too. I was amazed when I saw how they grew. Did you know to grow a pineapple you plant the top part that you cut off? I didn't know that either til someone told me.

Jessica said...

That looks like fun. Let's go do that when I come visit. ;)

Reed, Liz and the kids said...

that is the sandwich. I do love it and can't wait to go back and enjoy it. I hope you want to go again. We loved going over there and want to take the kids