Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...
It's about learning to dance in the rain

Saturday, November 21, 2009

Utah 2009

At the beginning of August we had the opportunity to go to Utah for a family reunion on my mom's side It was held at a ranch up in the mountains. I had forgotten how beautiful it was there. It was originally supposed to be in conjunction with my Grandma's birthday. Unfortunately my Grandma left this earth life a little early. It was still fun to get around the family and spend time with those who I haven't seen in a long time. We played, laughed, talked and just had a good time. The first night we still celebrated Grandma's day and it was great to remember such a great lady.


the lodge where we all stayed

big Eric going to ride horses

little Eric riding the pony (one of the rules on the ranch was everybody had to wear a life jacket while riding horses; I guess it was in case you encountered a flood. :)~ )

feeding the pony

little Leah wanted to join in on the fun (she is so cute!!)

shooting bows and arrows for the first time. He was pretty good.

the first time he hit the target
Even though the whole getting there was a HUGE headache (see previous posts) it was all worth it! I can't wait until the next reunion.

1 comments:

Becca said...

Man, you really blogged a lot! I've got some catching up to do myself. Cute pictures!