Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...
It's about learning to dance in the rain

Thursday, February 7, 2008

How unprofessional can you be?

So I just have to post this because it still just boggles my mind that this happened. Okay so my doctor has refered me to a nutritionist because of the thyroid problem I can't seem to lose weight. Well Monday morning I had an appointment there at 8:30. I was running late and didn't even want to go in the first place so the day had already started out bad. Anyways I get there right at 8:30 ( i was supposed to be there 15 minutes early). I went to the receptionist desk and told her I was here for my 8:30 appointment. She looked at me and said that I didn't have an appointment at 8:30 mine was at 2:30. I told her that the paper that they had sent me said my appointment was at 8:30 (of course I didn't have the paper to prove it). I told her that I couldn't come at 2:30 because I had already arranged child care for ERic and it just wasn't going to work. She said that was fine if I didn't mind waiting she would fit me in. As she is getting the paper work out she asked me if i had been gaining too much weight with the baby. I said excuse me and she asked me again. I said that i was NOT pregnant. She then said, "Oh I'm sorry I thought you were because your shirt makes you look pregnant." She then asked me how old my child was. I very kindly told her 3 but what I really wanted to tell her is that she hadn't made me feel fat enough and if there were any more questions she wanted to ask me just to make sure that I knew I was fat. When the guy who had the next appointment came in she asked him if he was in a hurry and if he minded waiting so I could be fit in because I thought my appointment was at 8:30 and it was really at 2:30. He was very kind and said that no he didn't mind waiting. Then when the nutritionist came out the receptionist again had to let her know that they were fitting me in because I thought my appointment was at 8:30 and it was really at 2:30. So needless to say I never want to have to go to that office again! Eric said it is a good thing he wasn't there because he would have gone off. I'm planning on complaining to the hospital about their staff and they way I was treated and I still have my paper saying that yes I had an appointment at 8:30.
On to a lighter note. Tonight as I was driving to a meeting I had and Eric was talking about how he was going to get bigger and could do all kinds of stuff when he got bigger. (I think he got on the subject because he was trying to snap his fingers and couldn't get the hang of it and said that he would be able to when he was bigger). Anyways he asked me when he was going to get big. I told him that he was getting bigger right now and that he will always grow. He got really excited but then got quiet for a minute. He then said, "I can't get bigger because my bones are in the way." (A couple of Sundays ago in Sunbeams they talked about having bones in your body.) I told him that his bones would grow and he would be able to get big and he was very happy about that.

2 comments:

Brian, Sheena and Boys said...

Sometimes I don't think people think before they open their mouths, its one thing to make a mistake but to keep repeating it.....I am sorry you had to deal with such an unprofessional experience!

Laura said...

It's that whole filter thing - I think some people's work and some people's don't.