Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...
It's about learning to dance in the rain

Thursday, August 7, 2008

He's a Lifer!

Today Eric signed his life (well the rest of his life) away to the military. Yes that is right - he reenlisted. But because he was over 10 years he had to reenlist indefinitely. His ETS date is July 31, 2020. He was going to do this regardless but to go to Hawaii you have to have at least 3 years left on his enlistment and he didn't so he decided to go ahead and do it and get the bonus tax free. Kind of scary to think about! :)


6 comments:

Grammy Van said...

Oh my, can you say excited?!?! LOL That's my boy!!

Jessica said...

Sucker! Can I move to Hawaii too?

Laura said...

sure jessica - you can move to Hawaii with us. That means we get a bigger house! :)

The Fisher's said...

Life - that's a long time! I don't think we can make it that long, 6 years is seeming like a long time right now :)

Brian, Sheena and Boys said...

How awesome is he for being willing to serve our country for so long! Thanks Eric!

Kristin and Donnie said...

That IS exciting!!! Congratulations to Eric... that takes quite a bit of dedication!! The military is a good way of life... what other job would move you out to Hawaii for a few years?? :) I need to call you soon... I haven't seen you in a while & it feels like we haven't talked in forever! I hope you and Little Eric had a great weekend!!! :)