Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...
It's about learning to dance in the rain

Thursday, August 21, 2008

Update!



I know it has been forever since I last posted. I don't know what my problem has been - I haven't felt up to posting. Something must be wrong with me! :)
Not too much has been happening here. I have been engrossed with the Olympics. I feel that is all I watch these days. I TiVo them for Eric and then record on a DVD the events that he wants to see. but it has overtaken my life! Thank goodness we only have a couple of days left and I can have my life back. :)
No takers on the house yet. I'm really trying not to stress. We do have some time but it has been kind of discouraging because I haven't had a single call on it in about a week and a half. We did get our official orders last week so I'm getting even more excited.
Other than that I'm just trying to keep my sanity some days and we are counting (at least I am counting) down the days until Eric starts preschool. I do love that little guy but there are some days I just want to strangle him. The other day he almost got left in the shopping cart in the parking lot at Wal-Mart. We do have our moments but I can hardly stay mad at him for too long. He is quite the funny kid and always keeps me entertained. Some funny stories -
We were on our way to a baseball game and I was talking to my friend Denise on the phone. It looked like it might rain but I was telling Denise that it was okay if we got wet. Little Eric pipes up from the back seat, "Yeah she won't melt, she's not made of sugar....or butter!" When he added in the butter I thought I might wreck the car I was laughing so hard. Then at the game one of the batters had hit the ball out into the outfield and Eric turned to me and said, "That was a mighty fine hit"
A couple of weeks ago I was making dinner one Sunday night. It was just one of the those days and I wasn't in the best of moods, I missed my husband. I was trying to figure out what to make for dinner and decided on a soup mix I had and I was going to make corn bread muffins to go with it. Well I realized that both took milk and I didn't have much milk left. Well since it had been one of those days I didn't want anything else and decided (I still feel so guilty. My parents raised me right!) that we would just run to the gas station and get some milk. So we did, I made the soup and muffins (and the soup didn't even turn out good - I guess that is what I get). Well now if there is anything what Eric wants to do on Sunday he will still ask. I'll tell him no we don't do things on Sunday and he politely reminds me that "we went to the gas station and bought milk on Sunday." I guess i know better next time. If I do something I shouldn't Eric will remind of it.
Little Eric has gotten into the "Knock Knock Joke" phase. He always tells me that he has a knock knock joke for me whether it starts with knock knock. And of course none of it makes sense but he thinks that he jokes are the funniest jokes there are! Oh to be a kid again.
Little Eric asked me the other day when if we could get a pet snake. I told him no we could not get one. He then asked if we couldn't get one because I was afraid of snakes. I said yes that was one of the reasons. He then said, "But mommy, it can stay in the back yard." I've got news for him - we will never ever have a pet snake.
I guess that is all the funny i can think of. I know there is more but that is what I get for not posting sooner. I will leave you with a kind of discouraging story. Eric and I were at the store last week and waiting to check out. I don't know what made him think of this but he turned to me and asked when we were going to have another baby. I told him I didn't know and he said, "when Daddy gets home." I said yes it will be after Daddy gets home. If only he knew that we have been trying for a while. *sigh* He has been talking alot about babies and last night was talking about how he will be a good big brother.

How can you get mad at a face like this?

1 comments:

Grammy Van said...

Ahhh, bless his little heart! Maybe he knows something you don't know yet?! We will continue to pray that another little spirit will come to your home after Big Eric returns home. In the meantime continue to share all these wonderful Ericisms (as I call them)! Love ya!