Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...
It's about learning to dance in the rain

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Polynesian Cultural Center

While Catie and Brian were here we also went to the Polynesian Cultural Center and it was AWESOME!! There are 7 different villages to tour that tells the history of the pacific islands. They also have the luau dinner and show. We went to just the luau and show. The food was delicious!! You even get to see them pull the pig out of the ground. Also at the luau they had singers and dancers. After dinner we headed over to the theater for the show. It was amazing. I took a little video of one of the dances. It was the most amazing hula dancers. After watching it I have decided that I want to learn to hula - although I'm not sure my hips move that way. :)
If you ever come out to visit this is definitely one place to visit!!


pulling the pig out of the ground


Eric with the pig


the singer and dancers at the luau

us at the luau

everybody who had birthdays in March stood up and the whole room sang to them - Eric was one of the lucky ones

Catie and her Mango fruit smoothie in a pineapple

Brian enjoying his strawberry smoothie


just a short video of the hula dancers

1 comments:

Liana Brooks said...

That's it! If DH doesn't get Hawaii as his next duty station I am going to be in tears.

Sadly, I have this niggling feeling that we're going to get stuck a lot closer to DC.

http://gerlingfamily.blogspot.com/