
A legacy has ended in the Sanders Family. This couch has finally left the family (well not quite yet - it is sitting in my car port. Anybody need a couch?) My parents gave me this couch 7 years ago when I got married. It is the most comfortable couch there is. The reason being is before I got it my parents had it for about 8-10 years and 2 other people owned if before them. The couch is probably 20-25 years old. It has held up well but is really starting to show its age. We have looked at getting a new couch for a couple of years but could never find one we quite like. Well we finally found one at a great price. It even is a sleeper couch. Big Eric told me that we were getting it (I hate to spend money on big purchases so I tend to put things off until they are no longer available). We are very happy with the new couch - it just isn't as comfortable as the old one.
Tuesday, March 31, 2009
RIP - you have been wonderful
As a side note - we pulled out the bed when we first got it to make sure everything was okay with it. Little Eric thought it was the coolest thing. He always asks if I can pull out the bed so he can watch cartoons. The first night we had it he even wanted to sleep on the bed that night. He is crazy!
Posted by Laura at 5:33 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
We got rid of our old, handed down furniture a little over a year ago. And it replaced even older, handed-down (several times) furniture. It's weird that you're so glad to have it at first, and then by the time we got rid of them we could barely sit on them because we were so grossed out thinking about all the people and all the funk that could have happened to/on them. Yay for new furniture. The shopping is enough to put me over the edge though!
really- is it going to be gone! I still have that thought about the couches that we gave Catherine and Brian. Reed just asked her the other day if we could have them back! But, you can't beat the look of the new ones.
I'm glad that we get to use the sleeper-- hope this summer is still good because that is what Reed's heart is set on
Liz - this summer is still good for us. We can't wait!
Post a Comment