Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...
It's about learning to dance in the rain

Friday, September 12, 2008

$.60 in One Day.....Really?

I'm alittle mad and alittle irritated at myself right now. The other day gas was $3.59 and I didn't really need it but kept thinking that I should fill up anyways because I knew it would probably go up some with the hurricane coming. Well I didn't. Yesterday it went up to $3.69 and kept thinking I'm now at 1/2 tank - I should fill up. But I didn't. This morning when I went to work it was still $3.69 and thought I will will fill up later. 2 hours later on my way home from work it had jumped to $3.99. Now I didn't feel very good and thought, "oh I will go out later and get some if I go out." I also thought maybe I could make my half a tank last until sometime next week and it would have gone down. Well then my friend called because she couldn't believe at how much gas had gone up. I asked her; afraid to know the answer. When she told me that it had gone up to $4.29 I almost dropped the phone. I hung up with her grabbed my keys and went to the gas station hoping that it hadn't gone up over by my house. Well I didn't get lucky. It had indeed gone up to $4.29. but I went ahead and filled up because who knows how much it will go up to since the hurricane hasn't even hit. I was at 1/2 tank and put 12 gallons in and spent $54. I'm glad i didn't wait - i might not to be able to afford groceries if I did. :)
That is what I get for waiting I guess. Eric always tells me that I shouldn't wait to do things. Well this time you were right baby - I shouldn't have waited!

5 comments:

Jessica said...

Same here. Should have filled up yesterday, but I thought I'd have more time today. Oops!

Jessica S. said...

Well - I had the same thoughts on Thursday night, now it's Saturday, I'm at a half a tank. I hope it lasts! I don't want to spend so much either. That happened with Hurricane Katrina in 2005 and it went back down. I think we'll be fine. I sure wish I owned a oil company, I'd be RICH!

Kristin and Donnie said...

Oh my goodness... do you know what? It just so happened I had to fill up yesterday too. Of course!! The prices in Auburn were $3.98. I didn't realize they had gone up... and all I could think was 'man, I should've filled up at home.' UNTIL I ACTUALLY GOT HOME AND SAW THE PRICES HERE ARE NOW $4.29!!! Whoa... what happened???????

Grammy Van said...

Ummm... so sorry to hear that the gas companies are taking advantage of the hurricane down south. I got gas today for $2.81/gal in Massachusetts because our local grocery store gives a 10 cent per gallon discount for every $50 you spend in the store. Last week we did a big shopping and I saved 60cents a gallon on my gas this week! Our regular prices are anywhere from $3.41 to $3.69 depending on where you go. My heart goes out to all of you who are being taken total advantage of! I sure hope that doesn't happen up here!

Jessie said...

Hey...sorry to rub it in Laura but I am proud to say that I filled up with gas yesterday knowing that gas would go up!!! YAY for me!!