Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...
It's about learning to dance in the rain

Monday, September 22, 2008

Some Eric"isms"

Just a few quick stories from Eric
I hope nobody finds the next story too gross or offensive - it was too funny not to post
Eric was sitting on the toilet pooping the other day when he yelled to me and said the following:
Eric: Mommy!!
Me: What Eric?
Eric: Mommy I bent down to smell my poop and it smells like chicken. Did I have chicken today"
Me: (taking a minute to try and not die laughing) I don't know Eric I think we had it yesterday. Now hurry up and finish!

Yesterday Eric was tyring to fold a shirt of his when he couldn't do it. He turned to me and said "Mommy I can't fold. I need to take folding lessons so I can help you fold my underwear and shirts.
I don't know where he comes up with this crazy stuff but it sure is funny!

Just some other updates from us. Things are going fine. Little Eric loves preschool. They even sometimes get homework (usually just a sheet to practice whatever letter they are working on for the week) and he thinks it is the coolest thing. The first day he got it he came home and said "Mommy I've got homework like real big kids." I'm so glad he likes it though. He even has a little girlfriend. When the teacher said something to her about Eric moving she said that that was okay; she would just write to him. How cute! :) Soccer has started and Eric is also loving that. I can't believe that he is old enough to do all this.
On a sad note big Eric's grandpa passed away yesterday from cancer. It is very sad and very hard for Eric and his family. But he is not suffering anymore and he is back with his wife who passed away 5 years ago. I'm grateful for the knowledge that I know we will see him again. We are super happy because big Eric is going to be able to come home for the funeral. He is traveling as we speak. He is only going to be home for 5 days but we are so happy for the time that he will have to spend with his family in this time of grief.
Grandpa Pete, we will miss you!!

5 comments:

Jessie said...

I laughed so hard about that pooping story with little Eric...what do you teach this kid?

But, I am sorry to hear about Eric's grandpa...you guys are in our thoughts and prayers!!

The Fisher's said...

I am soooo glad he is coming home for this! Let me know what you need! Seriously!

Reed, Liz and the kids said...

I am so glad that Eric can come home! Sorry it is for such a sad thing

Jessica S. said...

kids come up with the funniest things. I try to write all those down because i will get a kick out of them when I am old.

Jessica said...

Man, your kid sure is gross! I'm sure mine would never think of something like that. :)
Sorry about the loss, but glad you'll get to see big Eric.