Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...
It's about learning to dance in the rain

Sunday, September 14, 2008

Interesting Sights Around Town

I've learned that I have to make sure I always have my camera with me because I never know what I might see when I'm out. Yesterday I took little Eric to the circus that was here in town (side note - after the circus little Eric told me that when he gets bigger he wants to be part of the circus. My son wants to be a carni!!) Anyways, as we were leaving I happened to notice this hearse out in the parking lot. I turned to my friend and commented that somebody brought a hearse to the circus. We laughed for a minute and then we noticed that there was a car seat in the front seat. Well that just got us laughing more. I whipped out my camera and had to get closer to get a picture. As we got closer we noticed that there wasn't 1 but 2 car seats in it. As we were passing it we heard the driver say to the guy in the green shirt (in a very country accent), "this is my personal vehicle; I even take it grocery shopping." I thought I was going to die laughing!




This is a sight that I see every Sunday on my way to church. I just shake my head every time I pass. The plastic playhouse is on top of a tree that was cut down. Recently they have painted the tree white and put blue polkadots on it. What cracks me up is the Barbie bug that sits right up next to the house. I really don't know what the point of this is - I sure hope nobody is playing up in it because it sure doesn't look safe. Only in Alabama!


3 comments:

The Fisher's said...

I WISH I could see hearse guy at the grocery store, we should have followed him home :) Thanks for the other night - it was nice to relax a little at your place, and Aaron sooo loves that game, it's fun to see him relax for a change, may have to invest in that game...since you're leaving me!! :) We need to make a craft date and go get some fabric and ribbon, let me know when you're free, have fun at work, I know you love it ;)

Reed, Liz and the kids said...

I am glad Eric wants to be a carni! Think of all the fun things that we will get in free to- the fair, the circus, etc. You couldn't ask for a better son!

Jessica said...

You'd better take pictures. You're going to miss all that "special" when you leave it behind. Well, not really, but some stuff people won't believe without proper documentation.